ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading information and entertainment multimedia conglomerate. The Company is primarily involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as in the production of television and radio programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. ABS-CBN produces a wide variety of engaging, world-class entertainment programs that are aired on free-to-air television.
The Company is also one of the leading radio broadcasters, operating eighteen radio stations throughout the key cities of the Philippines. ABS-CBN provides news and entertainment programming for nine channels on cable TV and operates the country's largest cable TV service provider. The Company also owns the leading-cinema and music production and distribution outfits in the country. It brings its content to worldwide audiences via cable, satellite, online and mobile.
The Company has interests in content development and production, cable and satellite television services, merchandising and licensing, mobile and online multimedia services, glossy magazine publishing, video and audio post production, and overseas services, all of which complement and enhance ABS-CBN's strength in content production and distribution.
The director oversees the quality production of various programs that fall within the shift and ensures a smooth flow of content and production of assigned program.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the EP/PP in ensuring the smooth and creative on-air execution of the lineup and scripts
- Studies and creatively plans the execution of the newscast based on program concept, branding and equity, and in accordance with production, broadcast and ethical standards
- Reviews the line up, scripts and other production materials and requirements prior to airing
- Coordinates with the EP/PP for special coverage and breaking news report
- Ensures adherence to specified call time and participates in the pre-production and post-production meetings of the assigned program
- Performs other related duties as necessary
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
Must be sharp and decisive in acting on any problems or breaking news scenarios that fall within his shikft. Must have a clear game plan but is flexible enough to make timely adjustments.
MAJOR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- News Production Manager
- Executive Producer
- Associate Producer
- Segment Producer
- Segment Host
- Story Editors
- Program Coordinator
- Video Researcher
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.