ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading information and entertainment multimedia conglomerate. The Company is primarily involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as in the production of television and radio programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. ABS-CBN produces a wide variety of engaging, world-class entertainment programs that are aired on free-to-air television.
The Company is also one of the leading radio broadcasters, operating eighteen radio stations throughout the key cities of the Philippines. ABS-CBN provides news and entertainment programming for nine channels on cable TV and operates the country's largest cable TV service provider. The Company also owns the leading-cinema and music production and distribution outfits in the country. It brings its content to worldwide audiences via cable, satellite, online and mobile.
The Company has interests in content development and production, cable and satellite television services, merchandising and licensing, mobile and online multimedia services, glossy magazine publishing, video and audio post production, and overseas services, all of which complement and enhance ABS-CBN's strength in content production and distribution.
Handle day-to-day operations of I-CON, ABS-CBN’s new online crowdsourcing platform to empower digital content creators – from doing editorial tasks such as monitoring content traffic and initial editing work to liaising with internal stakeholders, such as EICs, marketing, and technology staff, and keeping track of finances, such as budgets and contributor payments.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor content submissions and activity in I-CON.
- Research on contributor background to meet requirements.
- Check on originality and genuineness of submissions (vs plagiarism, used content).
- Initial editing work, alerts Head for possible publishing and final editing.
- Coordinate with EICs on assignments and available submissions as approved by Head.
- Track PVs and corresponding payments to contributors and coordinate with finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a job-related field such as Fine Arts, Multimedia, or Interactive Design
- 2 years of work experience or combined industry experience
- Preferably with experience in a digital/traditional media organization as an editorial assistant
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Adept in handling digital content
- Willing to work in Quezon City
- Open to project-based employment
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.