ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading information and entertainment multimedia conglomerate. The Company is primarily involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as in the production of television and radio programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. ABS-CBN produces a wide variety of engaging, world-class entertainment programs that are aired on free-to-air television.
The Company is also one of the leading radio broadcasters, operating eighteen radio stations throughout the key cities of the Philippines. ABS-CBN provides news and entertainment programming for nine channels on cable TV and operates the country's largest cable TV service provider. The Company also owns the leading-cinema and music production and distribution outfits in the country. It brings its content to worldwide audiences via cable, satellite, online and mobile.
The Company has interests in content development and production, cable and satellite television services, merchandising and licensing, mobile and online multimedia services, glossy magazine publishing, video and audio post production, and overseas services, all of which complement and enhance ABS-CBN's strength in content production and distribution.
The TeleRadyo Program producer is in-charge of the overall TV content and TV production of the assigned program inside the Programs’ Block. He/she is in coordination with the DZMM Executive Producer and manages all the resources of the program to create quality output.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the TeleRadyo Program and Production Head and the Radio Program and Production Team in setting out the editorial direction of the assigned program, assessing the content and mapping out daily and long-term plans to improve overall TV content / TV production of assigned program/s as well as the improvement of the TeleRadyo Channel.
- Works closely with the News Desk, Radio, and TV News Gathering to ensure that stories get to air on time, completely with the desired program quality standards, in terms of editorial and audio-visual production elements.
- In the absence of the TeleRadyo or DZMM Executive Producer, he/she spearheads the pre-production meeting with the entire team and the program / segment host/s to discuss the topic line-up and cascade relevant information about the program.
- Ensures smooth overall on-air operations of the assigned program/s.
- Screens, evaluates, edits, and finalizes the scripts submitted by AP/SP based on program concept, branding and equity, and in accordance with production, broadcast and ethical standards; also writes stories for assigned program when necessary.
- Previews and approves the edited and mastered audio and video package prior to broadcast to ensure that all materials are fit for airing based on the established quality, standards, procedures, as well as INCA’s Code of Ethics.
- Makes sure that each member of the team submits required output on time; meets regularly with the staff and makes sure that program hosts and production team are informed of developments in news and current events, and in the organization.
- Leads the post-production of the assigned program/s together with the Executive Producer, highlights the best practices, and takes notes of areas for improvement.
- Constructs necessary Header content during an ongoing live coverage, which will be carried out by assigned on-air graphics implementor, as well as necessary graphics content describing the issue / topic being discussed by the ongoing program.
- Produces / provides and acts as the master proofreader of different thematic text files for the different boxes of TeleRadyo PIP (TeleRadyo skin) whether via regular skin or special coverage PIP / skin.
- Produces live traffic updates and related initiatives, weather bulleting, current infomercial/s, and relevant and effective TeleRadyo on-air fillers as well as TeleRadyo special initiatives and coverage/s.
- Coordinates with the different stakeholders, such as the different units of DZMM, Sales, Marketing, CCM, NSTM, TOD, as well as TeleRadyo copywriter for any program requirement and make good and sound recommendation for the improvement of the existing workflow for an improved output.
- Works with the TeleRadyo Programs and Production Head, the Management in the Business Side, financial recovery, and monetization aspect of the program/s and the TeleRadyo channel.
- Works with the TeleRadyo Programs and Production Head in efficiently allocating and managing the overall resources of the program/s as well as the channel (budget, equipment, personnel) to ensure that production requirements and deadlines are met.
- Directly reports updates of the program/s to the TeleRadyo Programs and Production Head; attends meetings called by the TeleRadyo Programs and Production Head, and Management.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR ABS-CBN GROUP CONTRACTUAL/PROJECT EMPLOYEES, TALENTS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND PROGRAM-BASED:
- Graduate of Mass Communication or Journalism.
- With at least 5 years of work experience in production, research, and editing.
- Proficient in writing and video editing.
- Has excellent communication skills in both English and Filipino.
- Team player, creative, and can work within deadlines.
- Willing to work for long hours.
- Open to program-based employment status.
Get an Internal Application Form from G/F ELJ Bldg, Recruitment Hub.
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.