ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading information and entertainment multimedia conglomerate. The Company is primarily involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as in the production of television and radio programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. ABS-CBN produces a wide variety of engaging, world-class entertainment programs that are aired on free-to-air television.
The Company is also one of the leading radio broadcasters, operating eighteen radio stations throughout the key cities of the Philippines. ABS-CBN provides news and entertainment programming for nine channels on cable TV and operates the country's largest cable TV service provider. The Company also owns the leading-cinema and music production and distribution outfits in the country. It brings its content to worldwide audiences via cable, satellite, online and mobile.
The Company has interests in content development and production, cable and satellite television services, merchandising and licensing, mobile and online multimedia services, glossy magazine publishing, video and audio post production, and overseas services, all of which complement and enhance ABS-CBN's strength in content production and distribution.
The Reporter or News Operations Specialist (NOS) is responsible for actively pursuing all news stories assigned to him/her on any given day. He/She is expected to timely provide all the elements necessary for the production of ready-to-air materials for assigned stories for possible airing during newscasts, breaking news, and/or flash reports, such as:
As part of his/her task while pursuing the assigned stories, the News Operations Specialist may be required to render live and voice over reports during newscasts, including breaking news or flash reports, on any ABS-CBN News platforms.
- Complete script, including voice over, taglines, and transitions, among others;
- Complete selection of audio and video materials necessary under the script.
- Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, or other related courses
- Extensive background or actual experience in the various news beats
- Familiar or has a working understanding of broadcast technologies, from computers, audio and video equipment to microwave and satellite transmission equipment
- Experience or knowledge in the following:
- Visual storytelling
- Digital and Social Media Trends
- Editing and authoring tools (e.g. Linear/Non linear editing)
- Project and Time Management
- Wide social network to source for news
- Able to speak the dialect
- Amenable to working long hours
- Cagayan De Oro-based / Willing to be assigned in Cagayan De Oro
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.