ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading information and entertainment multimedia conglomerate. The Company is primarily involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as in the production of television and radio programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. ABS-CBN produces a wide variety of engaging, world-class entertainment programs that are aired on free-to-air television.
The Company is also one of the leading radio broadcasters, operating eighteen radio stations throughout the key cities of the Philippines. ABS-CBN provides news and entertainment programming for nine channels on cable TV and operates the country's largest cable TV service provider. The Company also owns the leading-cinema and music production and distribution outfits in the country. It brings its content to worldwide audiences via cable, satellite, online and mobile.
The Company has interests in content development and production, cable and satellite television services, merchandising and licensing, mobile and online multimedia services, glossy magazine publishing, video and audio post production, and overseas services, all of which complement and enhance ABS-CBN's strength in content production and distribution.
The SME for Technical Broadcast Lighting Operations is responsible for overseeing and managing the technical lighting aspects of the broadcast environment and track emerging technologies as they relate to broadcast automation, video servers, data archive systems and content workflows. He/she is expected to manage the technical lights equipment for production (studio and remote, OB/ENG operations) which includes planning, coordination and implementation of all technical aspects and concerns to ensure that requirements and assistance to all production units has been provided.
- Work with respective Technical Division Department Heads to discuss program requirements and broadcast lighting expectations.
- Serves as subject matter expert and uses intensive knowledge of technical equipment and broadcast lighting design and implementation for production, including live events and coverages.
- Provide schematic designs of video, lights, intercom and control systems
- Supervision of wiring teams, equipment configuration and testing
- Oversees in the systems setup for production, checking equipment for operational readiness, provides operational assistance/instruction to others as needed
- Implementation of lighting standards, controls, processes and technologies that ensure a high degree of availability and reliability for the 24/7 production environments, including performance of preventive maintenance on all supported systems
- Provides consultation and technical advice to the different departments heads and broadcast engineers
- Serves as a project leader to conduct and manage lighting-related projects in order to facilitate the introduction of new broadcast technologies
- Provide support to production operations with lighting-related issues. Perform follow up diagnostics and troubleshooting for root cause analysis.
- Oversee, develop and train in the lights design, analysis, and implementation of workflow solutions
- Collaborate with engineering to identify, track and resolve current and potential faults within the lighting monitoring and control systems
- Test and evaluate new lighting equipment and/or broadcast lighting workflow solutions
- Understand the various lighting primary and subsystems within each broadcast signal path
- Provide weekly reports on ongoing issues, project activities and progress updates
- Identify technology gaps and constraints related to products, applications, and services and provide insight into emerging technology
- Conduct presentations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Represent technical facilities management - operations in meetings where required
- Develop and maintain training programs that track, sustain and/or improve employee skillsets
- Analyzes reports together with the technical facilities management team regarding equipment requisition, allocation, utilization, life cycle, potential faults, breakdown, turnover, etc
- Distinguishes technology issues from people, process, workflow and training issues and partners with clients to solution accordingly
- Participate and provide leadership in cross functional teams
- Partner with vendors to synergize product road maps, coordinate product demonstrations, manage and prioritize development requests
- At least 7-10 years related working experience on technology systems integration and/or implementation, seasoned broadcast engineer.
- Degree in Broadcast technology, Computer Networking or Engineering, Electronics, or a directly related field is required.
- Experience providing conventional broadcast or broadcast production systems solutions. Experience working in a studio environment to include technical broadcast production, playout, transmissions, live TV programming, digitizing, duplicating, and storing audio and video data.
- Experience in operational design and change management including implementation of new policies and procedures, operating controls, system enhancements.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a hands-on, collaborative team environment while taking ownership of processes and improving them.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment.
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.