ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading information and entertainment multimedia conglomerate. The Company is primarily involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as in the production of television and radio programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. ABS-CBN produces a wide variety of engaging, world-class entertainment programs that are aired on free-to-air television.
The Company is also one of the leading radio broadcasters, operating eighteen radio stations throughout the key cities of the Philippines. ABS-CBN provides news and entertainment programming for nine channels on cable TV and operates the country's largest cable TV service provider. The Company also owns the leading-cinema and music production and distribution outfits in the country. It brings its content to worldwide audiences via cable, satellite, online and mobile.
The Company has interests in content development and production, cable and satellite television services, merchandising and licensing, mobile and online multimedia services, glossy magazine publishing, video and audio post production, and overseas services, all of which complement and enhance ABS-CBN's strength in content production and distribution.
The Social Media and Mobile Community Management Specialist uses the social media and mobile properties of ABS-CBN News to inform the electorate and help citizens make enlightened decisions. She is responsible for the tactical use of social media and mobile to drive consumers to News Digital Media department’s products and offerings online, and the collation of feedback about these products. She may also be asked to search or follow up leads, and turn these into full stories for web publication. She will implement editorial and other approved executions on social media and mobile, and monitor assigned social media and mobile initiatives of News Digital. She will be responsible for community-building initiatives that occur in the digital space such as but not limited to live chats, polls and others.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Populates with content, monitors, and manages News Digital Media’s social media and mobile properties; studies and maximizes opportunities in social media and mobile to drive audiences to these properties;
- Develops loyal audiences of News Digital Media and News and Current Affairs’ news products by deepening the engagement of users through active use of digital properties; this is done through participation and moderation of online chats, putting up of online polls, moderation of comments on the web and other such conversations that occur in the digital space;
- Supports the BUH and the Head for Social and Mobile Media in developing news digital products by reporting emerging trends in social media, engagement and interactivity;
- Transforms news tips, feedback and other material from News and Current Affairs programs, digital properties, social media, and mobile accounts into content that can be “bicycled” or farmed out across news.abs-cbn.com and other News Digital properties such as mobile SMS services and apps;
- Supports other digital media platforms of ABS-CBN News by creating content for these platforms as assigned by the editor in chief of news.abs-cbn.com or the Head for Social Media and Mobile.
- Adept in Tagalog and English news-writing, newsgathering, content and copy editing;
- Knows management of social media accounts;
- Knows community building, cultivation and management;
- Familiar with organizing on-ground event that is closely linked to online interaction activities;
- Familiar with digital and its platforms;
- Comfortable/skilled in gathering information in multimedia (text, video, audio)
- comfortable / skilled not only in text, but also in video, graphics, chats, and other multimedia presentations
- Must be open to project-based employment
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.