ABS-CBN Corporation is the Philippines' leading information and entertainment multimedia conglomerate. The Company is primarily involved in television and radio broadcasting, as well as in the production of television and radio programming for domestic and international audiences and other related businesses. ABS-CBN produces a wide variety of engaging, world-class entertainment programs that are aired on free-to-air television.
The Company is also one of the leading radio broadcasters, operating eighteen radio stations throughout the key cities of the Philippines. ABS-CBN provides news and entertainment programming for nine channels on cable TV and operates the country's largest cable TV service provider. The Company also owns the leading-cinema and music production and distribution outfits in the country. It brings its content to worldwide audiences via cable, satellite, online and mobile.
The Company has interests in content development and production, cable and satellite television services, merchandising and licensing, mobile and online multimedia services, glossy magazine publishing, video and audio post production, and overseas services, all of which complement and enhance ABS-CBN's strength in content production and distribution.
Primarily focused on the editing of raw pre-recorded material (video, audio, and graphics) into a finished package suitable for broadcast within news bulletins or news programs and long/short forms of documentary specials for current affairs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Edit a variety of news items and specials for broadcast
2. Quality checking all news bulletin content
3. Ensuring all items make their allocated deadlines, whether for news or current affairs
4. All work will be completed to a high technical standard
5. Possess the ability to listen and effectively communicate ideas
6. Work closely with other team members, journalists, producers, and researchers
7. Possess the ability to work independently. A news video editor must be able to make sound judgment about shot and audio selection. They should also be trusted to complete their work without constant guidance from producers, journalists, or other editors
8. Must have a sound knowledge of broadcast technology. This includes non-linear editing equipment, voice-over recording equipment, computers and related software and hardware
9. Up to date with world news and current affairs
10. Willing to work long hours when required
11. Must be punctual, ensuring turn up prior to a shift starting to be ready to commence work on time
12. Willing to work in a 24 hour shift pattern, working days and / or overnights
- Graduate of any Communication Arts/Mass Communication degre or graduate of a Computer Science degree with creative editorial judgment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the non-linear editing field
- Knowledge of the general systems, practices, and broadcast standards with a wider news / operational environment
- An understanding of voice-over recording and sound mixing
- An understanding of how to use and incorporate graphical elements
- A good knowledge of color-correction and legalization techniques
- Knowledge of news and current events
Preference will be given to candidates who APPLY ONLINE.